Where am I?

Friday, September 2, 2011

Ohio, I'm done with you.

And to be honest, i'll miss that a bit of a head wind is the only difficulty with riding a bike around quite a bit of the state.
For the 1st day, some awesome people joined me for a trip to yellowsprings, some people drove to hang out and camp and a part from a large group of racoons (spelling, ugh!) With no personal boundaries, it was a perfect evening.
The next day I woke up at 8 and started riding by 8:20 out of yellow springs to xenia. There I was planning on grabbing a bite to eat but was way too eager to ride, I wasn't feeling hungry at all, didn't see anywhere convenient so I just trucked along with no break. The first break I took was at around mile 40 and the food was delicious. Well, except that on a trip to KY that a few of us took, we stopped at the same place and got awesome potato skins which they now don't have. :( it was delicious despite and I kept riding on. It wasn't until the last 20 miles of this 82 mile day that the heat started getting to me. I mean, the water in my bottles were hotter than I normally drink my tea.
Tomorrow got nothing but hills but the warm showers (couch surfers for cyclists) host in Newport (ed) is going to ride out with me.
Should be fun but I'm gonna go eat. See you on the road!





No comments: