Where am I?

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kentucky got some hills.

And issue with dog on leash laws. Yesterday morning I rode out of Newport with ed from warm showers and he showed me an alternate route that would put me ahead of schedule. It was an awesome route with not one single angry driver or town folk issue. There are hills after hills, more dogs than I can count who want my blood or to eat my shoes and more churches than there are dogs.
Either way, rode 88 miles to and stayed at a state park after eating some China buffet. I was surprised that I was only able to put away 1 plate before leaving. The heat was just too much and I wasn't hungry for anything except water and a beer back at camp.
I called ahead to another warm showers host and when they told me they'd buy me food, I decided to take a break day after only riding 15 miles to Madison, in. (Wow, 3rd state out of 9. Fun.)
It was great being shown around town and seeing the history that this place has. I can only imagine that there will be more to come. Got a 78 mile day tomorrow with more hills and an awesome karate instructor who's going to let me sleep on his lawn. I'm stoked!
See you on the road!




1 comment:

Carndt said...

You are riding like a boss.